This is my first attempt at making a tailored garment, and I did encounter a few hiccups before long. In the end, I’m very pleased how it turned out, and I think I’d give it a 9/10.
For fabric I used a burgundy/plum wool blend with around 30% of actual wool content which I like very much. I got it on eBay, and it was just about £7/metre it’s also a great “practice fabric”, since you don’t want to risk a £20/metre wool on the first try.
For lining, I found a pretty matching polka dot print, which gave the coat just the right mood so to speak. A little playful and quirky, but at the same time enhancing that vintage fell I was going for.
Attempting to Sew a Vintage-Inspired Tailored Dress-Coat/Princess-Coat | Sewing VlogFinally the Making-of video for my first attempt at a tailored wool coat. A lot of things went wrong, since this was my first attempt at tailoring so this project was also a great learning opportunity.
See more photos on http://aroundtheyear.com/coat
Follow me on Instagram: http://instagram.com/aroundtheyeardiy
#tailoringishard #sewingvlog #coatmaking